International Conference hosted by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Kurdistan Region, the goal of this conference is to connect university departments and individual scientists with their counterparts in international centers of excellence.
The Conference is addressed to higher education policy makers, administrators, academics and researchers.
Revitalizing Research in Kurdistan
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
12-14 October, 2010
Conference Theme: Bridging the Research Gap
The primary objectives include:
- Supporting the efforts of researchers to widen their contacts and networks
- Engaging international academics in split-site PhD supervision
- Assisting world-renown universities to establish long-term relationships and invest in Kurdistan
- Encouraging international companies with interests in higher education and scientific research to establish footholds in the Kurdistan market
Workshops will include the following:
- Review, identify and analyze policies for research collaboration.
- Analyze policies and best practices for split-site PhD programs in specific scientific fields.
- Present programs for developing links and MOUs between international and Kurdistan universities.
- Review access to the market and policies for investing.
- Review policies for widening scholarship programs.
- Recommend policies and best practices in research administration.
The Conference will give participants an opportunity to:
- Present proposals
- Discuss opportunities
- Network for new projects
- Visit historical sites of cultural interest
Proposals and communication should be directed to: [email protected]
For further reference visit the conference website.